Monday, August 10, 2009

Review: Berger Cookie

  • I Paid: $5.99 at Harris Teeter
  • Description: Chocolate Cremes

I've heard about Berger cookies for a while, but never had a chance to try them. I even looked for them at the Italian Store when I was there for dinner this past weekend, but they were out. As random luck would have it, I passed by a shelf full of them in Harris Teeter the next day, next to the Kosher foods.... (Note to Harris Teeter: WHY?!).

If anyone is familiar with the frosted sugar cookies (Eat n Park Smilies being a popular example), these are very similar, except with a thick fudgey topping instead of the sugar frosting. They aren't pretty big, not much bigger than a Chips Ahoy cookie, but in a good way, because the fudge is so thick it would probably be overkill if it was a giant cookie. A squishy cookie + fudge topping = no textural difference, if you are the type that cares whether or not there is a crunchy/soft ratio in your cookies.

Final verdict? So happy I finally got to try these! They are really tasty and definitely pretty rich, not really a cookie for snacking on, more like you eat one or two and your mouth starts to feel embalmed in sugar. But don't get me wrong, these taste awesome, especially if you are a chocolate fudge fan. Yay for Maryland having a distinct and yummy local cookie!

1 comment: