Friday, October 23, 2009

Review: DCI's "I am not a paper cup"


Indeed you are not, Not-Paper-Cup.

I drink tea and water about 293749238749237492387432473 times a day, roughly, at work.  Therefore, I find myself going through a fair share of mugs/travel mugs/etc. This one falls into the "definitely don't need, but I LOVE IT" category, and with good reason.  I mean who else would appreciate a paper cup that is NOT a paper cup, but a porcelain mug + silicone lid made to LOOK like a paper cup?  Yeah, figured as much.

DCI makes a bunch of cute items that would be fun gifts for people that appreciate these sorts of things- like a glass water bottle shaped like a plastic bottle, a Hot Man shaped trivet for holding hot pots, a porcelain milk carton shaped milk holder, etc.  I've had my eye on this mug for a while, and decided to get it when I saw it at the MXYPLYZYK kiosk in the Time Warner Center.

It's a hefty mug, definitely heavier than most travel mugs due to the double-walled porcelain, I'm assuming.  It keeps tea nice and warm for a long time, although I drink so much that I've never actually tested it out for hours untouched, so not sure about that aspect of the insulating properties.  It really does resemble a paper coffee cup from afar, so be careful if someone picks it up assuming it is, because it's absolutely breakable, haha.  Price-wise, you're definitely paying for the design and the novelty of it mostly, but so far it's been a great mug for having tea at work, and fun to look at also.          


No comments:

Post a Comment