Thursday, December 24, 2009

Georgetown Cupcake: Holiday Flavors





Georgetown Cupcake always has cute and yummy special flavors which change each month.  Earlier this month, I had the chance to try out some of the December/Holiday flavors (above). 

The Chocolate Peppermint (Top Right) is a rich and very chocolately cupcake, finished off with pieces of peppermint, which adds a nice textural minty flavor.  The White Chocolate Peppermint (Bottom Left) is visually fun-looking (like a giant after-dinner mint, haha), and I found the white chocolate flavor to be balanced out (and not overpowered by) the somewhat plain cake.   The Gingerbread  (Bottom Right) is  probably the most surprising one for me, in terms of what I expected vs. how much I liked it.  I was expecting it to be cloying spice-dominant, but it was just the right amount.  The frosting on this one was delicious, and who doesn't love the cute little fondant gingerbread man?

I was pleasantly surprised by all 3 of these December flavors.  I have to admit that I wasn't particularly excited about any of them (I generally do not like mint chocolate or gingerbread, haha), but of course that didn't stop me from trying these out with friends.  I'm definitely glad I did- these are the perfect little cupcakes to put you in the holiday spirit!

1 comment:

  1. The gingerbread one was SO good! Is the snowball one holiday? That was really good too!

    ReplyDelete