Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Review: Sephora by OPI Nail Color

Shade: Run With It!



Shade: Water Baby 

I've noticed the Sephora by OPI nail polishes before but only recently checked out the selection with the intention of buying one.  I was in the market for a nude-silverish color that would be good for everyday wear.  The first shade, Run With It!, is a taupeish color with a hint of lilac in it.  It has a little shimmer to it but isn't metallic at all.  It takes a few coats to get opaque coverage, but it's a great neutral shade that is still different enough for people to notice it.  

The second shade, Water Baby, was more of an impulse purchase- it was in the sale section of the Times Square Sephora when I was in NYC a few weeks back.  It looked like more of a metallic light silver so I figured it'd be different than the Run With It! shade.  Unfortunately, it was different, in a pretty negative way.  It was bright metallic silver on- almost like car paint, haha.  I wore it for a week but probably wouldn't use it again for everyday use- except maybe on my toes :o)   

If you are in the market for nail polish and you already shop at Sephora for makeup, I'd recommend checking out the Sephora by OPI polishes.  Be sure to try out the tester polishes beforehand so you'll know what to expect in the real-life color (which I couldn't do with the second one since it was on sale).   

6 comments:

  1. Were you wearing one of these on Sunday? I really liked the color! It's the perfect color with your skin tone, with just the right amount of shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Formula wise, are they the same as regular OPI polishes? (I'm hoping yes and that they just slapped on the Sephora logo :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nicole: Yup I was- Thanks!

    @SNC: It sounds like it is the same (via Sephora's site), but I have seen blogs online saying the formulation isn't as good as regular OPI...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...guess I'll have to grab me a bottle and see. Thanks!

    P.S Gave you a shout out on my latest post. Hope it's ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi K! Im a new follower of ur awesome blog. Im a big foodie and makeup junkie although I mostly yap about makeup on my blog. Just wanted to swing by and say hi to u!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @S2L: Thank you for coming by! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete