Monday, May 10, 2010

Review: Stila Made In Your Shade Foundation Wardrobe Set

 

I'm not usually a fan of makeup kits if they're products that I haven't used before, but I thought this one would be fun to try out, especially for only $18.  I've used Stila products before but none of the items in this set, which consisted of: Natural finish oil-free makeup, Sheer color tinted moisturizer, Hydrating primer SPF 15, Illuminating tinted moisturizer SPF 15, Illuminating liquid foundation, and Convertible color.  

After using this set on and off for a few weeks, I've been pretty happy with the results so far.  At first I was afraid of some of the shades, since they seemed pretty dark, even for me.  But the tinted moisturizer, foundation, and oil-free makeup go on smoothly and blend really well into my skin.  A little goes a long way, which is a good rule of thumb for most liquid/shimmery makeup in general, I think.  I haven't used the illuminating moisturizer too much, but that's because I normally don't go for a dewy/shimmery look at work, haha.  I've been using the convertible color with a blush brush for a natural flush that isn't sticky on my skin.  I wouldn't use all of these products together obviously, but it's been fun trying out each of the products with the rest of my regular makeup.  The small sizes will be especially useful for traveling, which is a nice bonus.  Unfortunately I'm not sure if this set is sold at Sephora, where I got this from a while back.  But if you come across it, or any Stila travel-size goodies, I'd recommend checking it out for getting a fun summertime glow!

No comments:

Post a Comment