Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Georgetown Cupcake - Strawberry Champagne Cupcake



Ooh, la la! Helloooooooooo, Strawberry Champagne cupcake!  I first heard about this new Georgetown Cupcake flavor when the sisters made these on their appearance on Oprah back in December, and was super excited to find out that it would also be one of the January flavors. 

This cupcake is a "classic madagascar bourbon vanilla cupcake baked with fresh strawberries and champagne with a chocolate ganache core and topped with a champagne infused buttercream frosting and a ganache star".  Besides the absurdly long run-on sentence, the description sounds pretty delicious, right? 

Well I can personally vouch for the tastiness of this cupcake, cus it was awesome!  I actually wish I hadn't waited this long to try it, because it's only available through January, boo.  The champagne flavors don't really come through since I'm assuming it's baked off from the cake, but the frosting definitely tastes different than their regular vanilla buttercream frosting- a little fluffier, more like a whipped, airy frosting.  Overall this cupcake was delicious, especially with the extra fudge core in the middle.  What a great-tasting cupcake, hope to see it again as a free daily cupcake one of these days!

6 comments:

  1. Omg sounds sooo good! I want it haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Asher: I know it's a great flavor combo!

    @Shannon: Maybe you can try the recipe online and make it GF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that Oprah episode! I really want to try it. If only they'd branch out West. @_@

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SNC: Hopefully they do expand out West one day! Or you come here :o)

    @Ilana: SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete