Friday, June 17, 2011

Ben & Jerry's Creme Brulee Ice Cream

 


Mmmmmmm... creme brulee!  Creme brulee was one of my favorite desserts growing up - it felt all fancy with the delicate shell on top, usually served in a pretty little white ramekin.  I've since found other desserts to obsess over, but creme brulee will always have a special place in my heart.

That being said, I was excited to see this Ben & Jerry's flavor at the supermarket - Sweet custard ice cream with a caramelized sugar swirl? Yes please!

The custard ice cream tasted like French Vanilla ice cream for the most part - not necessarily a bad thing, but didn't really get a full custard effect.  But, BUT, the caramelized sugar swirl... they totally nailed this part!  It tasted just like the crunchy sugary bits on the top of a real creme brulee, down to the slightly burnt flavor.  This was a really great ice cream, and I would buy this again!

4 comments:

  1. I love myself a good classic creme brulee too. This sounds all kinds of yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maris: Thank you for reading!

    @SNC: There's just something so classic about it!

    @Shannon: It's gluten-free!

    ReplyDelete