Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sprinkles Cupcakes - Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcake

 


Check out that chocolate sheen!  I couldn't pass up trying the Sprinkles Chocolate Marshmallow cupcake, what a great combo.  It's a "Belgian dark chocolate cake and marshmallow cream with bittersweet chocolate ganache".

Overall the cupcake was delicious, with rich chocolate flavor and moist texture.  Unfortunately the marshmallow component was pretty disappointing - it was literally a dab of marshmallow about the size of the tip of my pinky, directly under the candy Sprinkles dot.  I'm not sure if it was just a fluke cupcake, but I was surprised that it was that little marshmallow cream inside, especially considering the name of the cupcake.  If anyone wants to get me another one to prove me wrong, feel free ;o)

4 comments: