Monday, September 26, 2011

CVS Deals

As many of you know, I'm a big fan of couponing and deals.  One of the best places for consistent savings is CVS.  This may surprise some of you, as I had previously believed that drugstores always had higher prices on items compared to other stores.  But, a look at the CVS weekly circular (located in the Sunday paper) will show that there's lots of items on sale that often coincide with that week's coupons.  Also, a number of items come with Extra Bucks back, which is like getting "money" back towards your next purchase.

Since a number of good deals are available each week, I thought I would post my purchases here on a regular basis.  Although the deals may vary depending on where you live, most of them should be nationwide deals.  If you pick up the paper on Sundays you'll get both the weekly insert and coupons that you can use that week or in the future, like I do. 

First things first, make sure you have a CVS ExtraCare card and scan it at the coupon center every week for extra store coupons :o)  Also, pick up a CVS Green Tag ($1) if you use reusable bags for shopping - for every four shopping trips you get $1 Extra Bucks back. 

This week I got:

  • Softsoap 4-pack bar soap & 12oz body wash: 2/$6 on sale, two $1 off manufacturer's coupons, $4 Extra Bucks back.
  • Trident gum: 3/$3 on sale, one $1 off manufacturer's coupon, $1 Extra Bucks back.
  • Colgate Total toothpaste: $2.99 on sale, one $1 off manufacturer's coupon, $1 Extra Bucks back.
And, some great deals that are great even if you don't have the coupons above- some items are basically free with Extra Bucks:

  • Bausch & Lomb Re-Nu sensitive contact solution: $8.99 on sale, $7 Extra Bucks back.
  • Excedrin 8-count medicine: $0.99, $0.99 Extra Bucks back.  
  • ThermaCare 1-count Lower back and hip heat wrap: $3.79 on sale, $3.79 Extra Bucks back.

Hopefully this will help people out as a reminder to check out CVS for deals!

3 comments:

  1. I like that you're doing these! I love me a good bargain and totally cut coupons, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this post! I get the Sunday paper mainly for the coupons...haha! I shop at CVS but didn't know about the CVS Green Tag thing. I'm getting one for sure! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you both got some good deals recently!

    ReplyDelete