Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kirbie's Cravings - Pure Nutella Mug Cake

I've made a few of the recipes from the fabulous Kirbie's Cravings blog before, and they have all been great.  When she posted a recipe for a pure Nutella mug cake, I knew I had to try it out ASAP!!




Above is how the mug cake looked after I followed the microwave time as indicated in the recipe.  Looks really cool, right? However I realized that mine needed to go in a little longer, so I popped it in for a few more trips in the microwave.




This was really tasty!! I loved how I could make a cake without an oven or too many ingredients, and it all came together really quickly!  

A few lessons learned, however:
- I need a tiny whisk.  It was hard to break up all of the ingredients with a fork so that it would all mix together, haha.
- I probably should've used a bigger mug, in retrospect.  There were a few pockets of not-yet-cake that in turn made it hard to not overcook the parts that were ready to eat.  

With that in mind, I am definitely going to try making another one of Kirbie's mug cakes soon!

2 comments: