Friday, September 7, 2012

Planters Nut-rition Energy Mix Peanut Butter Cookies


I recently received a nice little surprise in the mail by way of a somewhat creepy bad-ass Mr. Peanut, haha.  Who knew that his first name was Doug?

This peanut butter is one of the new ones in the Planters NUT-rition line, which consists of: Cinnamon Raisin Granola Nut, Berry Nut, and Banana Granola Nut.  As soon as I saw "Cinnamon Raisin Granola Nut", it made me think of trail mix, and how this might be good for a variation of a peanut butter cookie.

I based these cookies from the peanut butter cookie portion of Picky Palate's Mini Peanut Butter and Chocolate Buttercream Cookie Sandwiches recipe (BTW- LOVE her recipes!!).  Obviously I made my cookies much bigger as you can see below.




These were a big hit at work the following morning!  Everyone could taste the cinnamon and liked the pieces of raisin and granola throughout the cookie.  If I make this again I would probably add chocolate or maybe more chopped peanuts for more texture, but this was a fun way to try out this new peanut butter!


Note: I was sent a complimentary jar of the peanut butter to try out, but not obligated to review or write a blog post about it.  I just wanted to share a tasty way to utilize this new peanut butter :o)  

No comments:

Post a Comment