Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shake Shack - Dark Hot Chocolate + Shack-ago Dog



What the whaaaaaat - NO custard on a visit to Shake Shack?!

Yes, it's true, a rare occasion for me for sure.  On this particular night, I had already tried the custard flavor of the day on a previous trip, so I decided to try out the dark hot chocolate instead.  According to their Facebook page, "Our Shack-made hot chocolate features a blend of bittersweet dark chocolates, fresh milk & cream".  This was a warm, rich, delicious cup of chocolatey goodness on a cold winter night.  

In addition to the hot chocolate, I tried out the Shack-ago dog for the first time.  As you may have guessed, this is Shake Shack's version of a Chicago hot dog: "Dragged through the garden with Rick's Picks Shack relish, onion, cucumber, pickle, tomato, sport pepper, celery salt and mustard".  Despite my general dislike of mustard and raw onions, I figured I should try it out as intended, at least for my first taste test.  Basically, it tasted like eating a salad on top of a hot dog, but in a good way, haha.  I actually liked how all of the other fresh ingredients contrasted with the snappy hot dog and toasted bun, but after the first two bites it was a little hard to eat with all of the toppings.  I don't think this hot dog will result in me giving up my beloved burgers here, but it was a tasty little detour for one trip :o)   

No comments:

Post a Comment