Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shake Shack - Pretz-idential Caramel Custard





Shake Shack's January custard calendar included a Pretz-idential Caramel custard, available on Mondays this month.  Being that the inauguration day also fell on a Monday, I appreciated this politically relevant custard even more, haha.  

The custard is a caramel frozen custard blended with crumbled, salty pretzels.  Now, you've heard me say this before, but I continue to be amazed at the level of "blending" that Shake Shack manages to do in their custards.  As you can see, the custard looks pretty plain, a smooth beige cup of ice cream; but once you take a bite, the pretzel flavor totally comes through.  It tasted like eating a salted soft pretzel dipped in caramel, and I thought it was really delicious.  Maybe a few chocolate chunks could have added some texture, but either way I was totally happy with this custard flavor.   

No comments:

Post a Comment