Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lay's Chicken & Waffles Chips





You have probably seen the tv commercials for limited edition Lay's chips: Chicken & Waffles, Sriracha, and  Cheesy Garlic Bread.  As much as I shouldn't be keeping potato chips within reach at home, I had to try these out. 

These were a little more difficult to find than I anticipated - I expected Target to carry them for sure, but didn't have any luck there. Harris Teeter has been on/off with carrying these, so as soon as I saw the Chicken & Waffles flavor I picked up a bag.  

I thought they did a pretty darn good job with the savory and sweet flavor profiles that are needed for such a unique flavor.  The savory "chicken"? flavor had random notes of a sweet, syrup-y flavor that really evoked the name of these chips.  As someone who's had a number of Japanese savory flavored chips before, these were right up my alley.  These chips would fit right in with the ramen/chicken/seafood/etc. flavored chips that are prevalent in Japan, haha. Try them out if you're a fan of sweet and savory tastes in chip form! 

2 comments:

  1. i need to try this flavor! so far only tried sriracha one

    ReplyDelete