Thursday, October 3, 2013

Le Diplomate Brunch

Back in August, my best friend came to visit and we had a fun weekend that was mainly planned around food, naturally.  One of our meals was brunch at Le Diplomate.  We are both fans of the Stephen Starr restaurants in Philly, so we were looking forward to checking this place out.

The interior of Le Diplomate is very true to the bistro theme, and apparently looks similar to Parc Brasserie in Philly.  The restaurant was bustling and we kept checking out all of the delicious-looking dishes that passed by as they headed to other diners' tables.  

The bread basket (below) was delicious, and I could've polished off the whole thing myself if I really wanted to, haha. 



Apparently I REALLY couldn't get enough of the bread, because I wound up ordering the Baguette Provencale for my entree, hah. This sandwich consists of French salami (which I had no idea it existed), Idiazabal cheese, cornichon, and a mustard vinaigrette.  As you can see the baguette halves aren't even visible due to the generous amount of "stuff" inside. The side salad was a nice addition to the plate, though not exactly memorable.  The ambiance was great, the food was tasty (especially the bread), and I would love to come back for dinner sometime! 





Le Diplomate
1601 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009

No comments:

Post a Comment