Tuesday, October 15, 2013

NYC Visit - Ippudo Ramen

During my recent NYC weekend trip, I had a lot of places to cover, starting out with lunch at Ippudo! I was definitely looking forward to trying it out, especially with a relatively convenient Midtown-ish location.  I've never been to Ippudo in Japan, so I couldn't wait to enjoy some of their ramen during my visit!



I decided to go with the Akamaru Modern: "A more bold, modern translation of the original pork broth; thin noodles topped with Ippudo's secret "Umami Dama" miso paste, pork chashu, cabbage, sesame kikurage mushrooms, scallions, and fragrant garlic oil."




Mmm, PORKY!  The broth was much lighter than I had anticipated with a pork broth, but in a good way with none of that heavy aftertaste.  The noodles were indeed very thin, much thinner than I've probably ever had in ramen before.  I loved the chashu slices and all of the other components mixed together in every bite.  Yes, I ate around the kikurage mushrooms for the most part, but still, haha.  This was a delicious start to my weekend and I'm really happy I got to try Ippudo's ramen, finally!


Ippudo - Westside
321 West 51st Street
New York, NY 10019

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this was on my list but I didn't get to it! Was so sad, esp since I went to Momofuku noodle bar and was disappointed by that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to go another time!

      Delete