Friday, October 11, 2013

Shake Shack - Waffles & Bacon Custard

This particular Shake Shack custard post is shrouded in a sea of delicious mystery... you see, I had two very different experiences with the Waffles & Bacon custard, and I'm not exactly sure which one the "real" one is supposed to be, haha.

This cup below is the first one I got when I ordered the Waffles & Bacon custard. It tasted mostly of salty bacon (so I figured it must be right) with no evidence of waffles, except maybe the vanilla from the custard itself.  Side note - I love when I get the perfect dome custard, I just enjoy the way it looks when I first get it, hah.



Some time later, I went to Shake Shack on another Waffles & Bacon day, and saw someone else eating what looked like a custard that was filled with waffle pieces.  I ordered one for myself and got the cup below. Anyone that knows Shake Shack pretty well will first recognize that the wider double-cupped container is actually one for a concrete, not a regular custard.  So needless to say I got a LOT of custard, haha. Also, much like the one that I saw someone eating, there were big chunks of waffle pieces clearly mixed throughout this custard, along with the bacon taste.




I don't necessarily think that one was "right" or "wrong", and let's be honest I enjoyed both... but it did strike me as a little odd that both cups (from the same Shake Shack location, mind you) were so different. Maybe I just *need* to try it again a third time to see which one comes up this time? 


No comments:

Post a Comment