Thursday, March 20, 2014

Donburi Restaurant - Washington, DC



A while back C, O, and I met up at Donburi in Adams Morgan to check out their dishes.  The restaurant is tiny and narrow, but the small menu and relative quickness of the meal itself keeps the seats moving pretty quickly.  

After looking over the menu, all three of us decided on the Mix Katsudon, haha.  I mean, why not go all out and get the fried pork cutlet PLUS fried shrimp?  I did find it interesting that the egg was placed on top of the fried components - when I've had this dish in Japan, the egg is cooked with the fried pork/shrimp, creating a loose Frittata-type dish.  However, I liked how the egg was separated in this one, because it left the pork and shrimp really crunchy.  The strong flavors were great with the ample rice underneath, making each bite very flavorful.  I would definitely like to come back to try the salmon sashimi bowl! 


Donburi 
2438 18th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009

1 comment: