Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Daikaya - Vegetable Ramen



I recently headed over to Daikaya ramen for dinner, and decided to try out their Vegetable ramen.  For obvious reasons (PORK) I hadn't ordered this ramen before, but it sounded like a tasty and somewhat healthier (?) dish haha.  

The Vegetable Ramen is "Not exactly traditional, this is a 100% vegan ramen.  The vegetable shio broth is finished in the wok which adds roasted depth to the soup.  Topped with Brussel sprouts, bean sprouts, snow peas, carrots, onions, wood ear mushrooms, and braised Shiitake mushroom."

I did opt out of the mushrooms, but I enjoyed the variety of the other vegetables.  There was plenty of texture and volume in this bowl, especially with Brussels sprout pieces which I've never had in ramen before.  The broth was much lighter than their other ramen bowls which was expected, but I did miss the richness of the Shoyu ramen (still my favorite).  If you are a vegetarian/vegan, or feel like getting some extra vegetables in your ramen, definitely give this one a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment