Thursday, February 12, 2015

Red Velvet Oreos

Upon hearing that the Red Velvet Oreos were not a hoax, but indeed real, actual Oreos that were coming out in February, I searched high and low for them once the official release date was issued.

After four separate stores in my area, I finally came across this wonderful sight at a grocery store by my work that I don't normally shop at:







As you can see, the packaging is a little different than the standard Oreos, which are more rectangular in shape.  So if it's available, it should be pretty easy to spot even if they aren't in their own display case like the ones I found happened to be in.  





First, the color.  I think this is where Red Velvet cake and flavors really polarize a lot of people.  Some RV haters really don't like the color and find it very unappetizing, as it's sort of this weird cross between beet and brown colored, haha.  Personally I don't mind it, clearly since I love red velvet cake normally anyway.  The cookie is very crisp, and less cookie crumbly than regular Oreos usually are to me - I'm not sure if this is specific to the flavor, or the pack that I happened to buy, though.  The frosting looks the same at first glance, but definitely has a different taste than the standard Oreo frosting.  Overall I found these to be a delicious variation on the regular Oreo cookie, and I'm very happy to have had a chance to try them out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment